Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm still a winner.


I am grateful, thankful, and blessed. I went to an Adobe Photoshop seminar on yesterday. It makes me almost sad to think that I almost missed out on this opportunity because I was concerned about money. What I learned at this conference was so worth the money spent. Much of the time that I was sitting in my seat I was worshipping God on the inside. He was there with me. I felt like I was going to explode from sheer excitement from being there and seeing how I could use the tips demonstrated to create my greeting cards. Wow...Jesus is amazing! I kept hearing in my spirit Israel Houghton's rendition of To God be the Glory. Goodness and mercy is following me everywhere that I go. Isn't it wonderful when you take steps and you know 'without a shadow of a doubt' that God was leading you in that direction after the fact. I know He orders our footsteps...I've been told that, I've told people that, and it's written in the Bible, but it ALWAYS excites me when I see that I was lead by Him. Its not hard to hear from Him, but I still want to be sure that I'm not just doing something that I really want to do. The fact is, I try to be wise with my money. I don't just spend just because I have it to spend and all the bills are paid for the month.

At the end of the conference they gave out door prizes. I was praying and believing that I was going to win a door prize. Thinking surely God is going to allow me to win a free training DVD. I've felt his presence during the conference...I'm a CHRISTIAN...I HAVE FAVOR...I kept waiting for them to call my name. It baffled me when they never did. What? I didn't win? But I'm a Christian and I have God's favor on my life. WHAT?

I'm still a winner. As my sister said to me referring to the results of my 4 year old nephew's first soccer game, "They are all winners." Now I get it. I'm still a winner!

2 comments:

  1. I love that fact that your post did not end the way I think it was. I thought you were going to say how you were blessed and highly favored and won the prize. I am glad to see that you recognize you were a winner even though you did not receive that earthly physical reward. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! Its like that sometimes. I'm sure there probably were other christians in there saying the same thing...I KNOW I'M GOING TO WIN THE PRIZE CAUSE I GOT FAVOR...LOL.

    ReplyDelete