Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lusting After God


Lust is one of those words that is instantly thought of as negative because it is associated with a strong desire for something, often sexual. It is wanting something to gratify or please our flesh. When we turn those strong desires toward God they can be beneficial to our walk with Christ. It’s a prerequisite to living a life full of worship. God should be the object of our affections. Lusting after God means that we long for, crave for, and thirst for Him. I love the way David illustrated this point in Psalms 63:1, O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. His desire for God was vital to his life. God is the fulfillment in all that we need, want or desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment