Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Running to God

It was 5:30AM and my alarm had just gone off. Instead of sleepily hitting the snooze button and rolling over to go back to sleep, I grab my phone to call my sister.  As soon as my eyes had opened, I heard the words to that beautiful song Whitney Houston sung in the Preacher’s Wife, ‘I’ll hasten to His throne.’  What made that song come to my heart I don’t know but I was super excited. I felt like God was excited about my sister & I meeting Him in prayer. My sister couldn’t recall the song at the time and I definitely couldn’t sing it to her, especially with my ‘frog lady voice’ that I have most early mornings. The name of the song is “I Love the Lord” featuring the Georgia Mass Choir. It is basically about hastening or running to the throne of God when we are facing trouble and trials. We don’t have to run to His throne only when situations are bad, though.  We can run to His throne just because…. Just to worship Him. Like children who rush outside when they’ve been waiting for their parents to come home; they just miss seeing their mom and dad and are glad to be in their presence again.


No comments:

Post a Comment