Thursday, April 23, 2009

Messing up your crown & glory!

Since starting this blog, I have made it a point to spend time in worship. It is important to listen to music that takes you into heavenly worship. That might not be the quartet song that you grew up listening to. Especially for us southerners, quartet music like church is apart of our culture. I grew up listening to quartet music because my dad was and still is a gospel musician. I am not downing it but I believe it has its place just like all genres of music do.  

I have been saturating myself listening to Williams Murphy's The SOUND! I know this cd has been out for a while but I finally got it. Walmart had it for $9.88. My favorites are I Will Rejoice & Angel's Cry.  
                                       
Angel's Cry describes how the angels or "live creatures" as Revelation 4 says, cry..."Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." Then the 24 elders fall down before the Lord and worship Him. They throw down the crowns that they are wearing. I am sure they are looking quite stylish wearing crowns on their heads. There is nothing raggedy about heaven...Its all splendor and glory. So it made me think about how no matter how cute we look with our hair done and wearing our Armani suits.
We still have to worship God! They didn't care about getting down & dirty and throwing down their glorious crowns. How do you feel about messing that hair up on Sunday that you just got done on Saturday? Can you stand to risk getting makeup on the $2000 Armani suit for our God? He is worthy to be praised! No matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment