Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trampling Snakes in Red Stilettos!



This blog is suppose to be about fashion, too.   Well today let's admire the beauty of shoes, particularly stilettos and boots! They should not only look good, but do what they were purchased to do, protect the bottom of your feet while you walk around.

I was discussing with my pastor a dream that I recently had about a snake. I am a dreamer so when I dreamed about a snake a few weeks ago, I thought, 'uh oh...what is this about?'  I know that snakes represent the enemy so I immediately began to pray.  My pastor mentioned the scripture Luke 10:18 Behold, I give unto you power to tread upon serpents & scorpions and all the powers of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.  She explained to me that the word tread also meant to hit with your fist or a hammer.
                                               

Well, I hadn't heard it explained in that capacity before but I was grateful that she mentioned it because its one of my favorite scriptures.  We do have power to tread/trample upon snakes/serpents and ALL the powers of the ENEMY and nothing is going to hurt us.  Of course we must recognize that our power comes from the Lord, Jesus Christ! 

As we spend time with the Lord, we grow to understand the authority that we have to do great exploits in His name.  There is boldness when we pray because we know who is backing us up! Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.  The Lord is greater than any circumstance that comes against us to throw us off our game.

So how are you treading on those snakes?  Are you using stilettos, boots, or hammer toes? Whatever you are using, it definitely has the capacity to get the job done.  I prefer the stilettos myself, but no matter what, you have the authority & power to eliminate that enemy coming against you.
Perhaps you prefer to just hit one time with a single blow or strike, like a scorpion might sting. I think a stiletto with a nice sharp heel should do the job. You shouldn't get too messy with that!  Or maybe you are the type who wants to be a little more violent and hit with repeated blows.  Get those boots out and stomp the crap out of that snake!!    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment