Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!


I can truly understand how people can get stressed out and want to eat every sweet thing in sight. I have never felt like doing that until yesterday and today. Usually when I used to get stressed out, I would just go to sleep. Was the problem gone? No, but that's what I did. Well, yesterday, I did what a lot of women do! That Chick-Fil-A milkshake and strawberry cheesecake hit the spot! The sad thing is that I actually felt guilty after I consumed all that stuff. I didn't feel guilty because I was worried about my weight [I can gain a pound or two]. It was because I used food to comfort myself because I was feeling anxious. The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, not a cookies and creme milkshake with a slice of strawberry cheesecake! I ate it all in frustration and instantly knew that the Lord was not pleased. I don't know who I thought I was fooling. I was so irritated and instead of complaining, I chose to eat. Is that any better than complaining? Who was I fooling? Obviously myself. God knows us so well. He knows what we are thinking...He knows our thoughts before we even think them.  

I know that I am so close to fulfilling the dreams that God has put inside of me. God's favor allowed me to win a scholarship. I hit a few stumbling blocks when making arrangements to use the money. The Lord's blessings maketh rich and add no sorrow! "I SAID THE LORD'S BLESSINGS MAKETH RICH AND ADD NO SORROW," that is how my grandma would say it to get her point across. If God has blessed then leave it up to Him to work everything out in your favor. Oh, Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD; Blessed is the man who trusts in HIM! Psalm 34:8.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a testimony from my mind! I feel ya. That is my drug of choice,food. It is just as addictive as alcohol when used in the wrong way. The only worst part is that I need food to live and I can live without alcohol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an issue that so many people deal with, especially women.

    ReplyDelete