Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Spirit Sings: Moving Forward

When I wake up in the morning most of the time there is a song on my heart. I always think of this as my spirit singing. I love music. I grew up loving it because my dad is a musician and was always in a band. My mom always had the radio on. Most of the songs that I hear are christian songs but there have been times when they are secular. I believe that what you listen to makes deposits on your spirit. Music can make you feel good, sad, angry, sexy, confident, etc. That is why listening to positive things is so important. It can build you up in areas that you need to be built up in. Use it to your advantage. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Even those times that I hear a secular song in my spirit its always a message that I need to hear. One morning I woke up hearing Survivor by Destiny's Child. I could be wondering about things the night before and as soon as I open my eyes its like the radio turns on in the inside of me. It will even continue through out the day. I know many people are like that. Your spirit is always singing. We have to tune in to see what God wants to say to us. The song on my heart this morning is Moving Forward by Israel Houghton. Just for a second last night I became a little discouraged about my future. I've got to get a thicker skin. It only lasted a moment but I guess it was enough for God to address it through this song. In this video, Israel talks about this song.




No comments:

Post a Comment