Friday, December 10, 2010

Are You Thirsty?

It's a lot of people walking around thirsting for God and don't realize it. I have been there myself. Doing all the right things, church, bible study, etc but really neglecting God. Not spending time in the Word or praying at home but going through all the motions at church. During these times, I get so frustrated because things are not working out in my life. Or shall I say working out the way I would like them to. I remember a mentor talking to me about how Christians can starve from not reading the Word. She said when believers go without reading their bibles their 'spirit man' begins to starve. Initially, they don't even realize it. Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months and they haven't touched their bibles. The 'spirit man' just starves because it grows from you reading and meditating on the Word. Can you believe that many go and try to pray for someone else in this condition? I have to raise my hand because I've been there and done that; pouring out and not replenishing myself with the needed prayer, worship, and bible reading. Talk about running on "E". That's when the frustration comes in and we begin to carry burdens that should be casted over to the Lord. His yoke is easy and His burdens are light. So if you recognize that you are thirsting for God's presence when you are doing all the 'church' stuff, take an inventory to see if you're doing what really matters. What really matters is spending time with God. If you're thirsting, then He is missing you, too. Listen to Marvin Sapp's Thirsty (Reprise) to get a feel for what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment