Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What makes a good worship song?

I hear so many beautiful worship songs. If I tried I probably could choose a favorite every month. Are they always slow? I would have to say most are but I do know of a song that has taken me into the presence of God and its not slow at all. Quite fast to be honest. Tye Tribbett's song, Still Have Joy does. The praise evokes worship for me. During the time that I was going through struggles on my job I listened to this song almost daily when I got home.

This morning while getting ready to go to work I began praising God with my frog lady voice. My sister and I joke about the frog voice that we both have in the morning time. The frog lady was praising God this morning and I could feel his presence. That's when it hit me. What makes a good worship song? It's me, the worshipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment